Tuesday, March 13, 2007

dumass verizon

verizon calls me today.

"i can save you about $6 a month! currently you're paying $4.99 a month for 500 text messages which you aren't using and $1.00 for a landline connect fee. All this will require is signing a new 1 year contract, i can take those off, and you will then get nationwide calling with no roaming!"

i said "what? i use text messaging all the time"

"uh, no, according to my records, going back 6 months - i see you used it some in december, and none in january through today"

"uhhhh.... no? how about i know within the last 2 hours i sent 1 and received 3 texts. and i normally do between 70 and 400 text's a month...."

"hmm.. well that's not showing up here for me. well with this new contract for $4.99 you will now get 250 text messages and..."

"won't i drop down to 450 minuets though?"

"yes, you will go down to 450 minutes, but you will have no roaming charges..."

"so you're telling me i'll go from 500 mins to 450, and i'll go from 500 text messages to 250, and i have to sign a 1 year contract? and all i'm going to do is save a dollar? yeah i don't think i'm quite interested in that..."

and the conversation quickly ended after that. hah :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Verizon is teh noob.

Anonymous said...

I think cingular is trying to do the same thing with me... except.. I never answer their calls.