Monday, October 20, 2008

one year ago today.

and probably around this time of day. i met my fiancee. :)

long story [maybe not so] short:
i was at my parent's house helping dad do something. something outside where i was nasty and dirty. as i goto leave, i get a call from brad:
B: Jason.
J: What.
B: Come over.
J: Why.
B: I'm throwing a party.
J: I've been working, i'm nasty.
B: So what. come.
J: No.
B: Yes.
J: IF i were to come over, i'm taking a shower first.
B: Then do that.
J: Why.
B: Look, there's girls and alcohol.
J: Say again?
B: Well, by alcohol, i mean, the beer you left in my fridge.
J: And by girls, i assume more than just michelle?
B: Yes. you need to meet her.
J: Hmmm..
B: Take your shower then you're coming over.
J: Fine.
B: Cya.

well. that's basically it. i go take my shower, come back, meet Brittany. she was rather shy, seemed very... innocent. i just knew i had no chance in hell.

we watched princess bride, we all talked for a lil while, then i left. during the movie i jokingly txt'ed brad "i'd hit it" to which his reply was "what are you waiting for?" it was all fun and games til michelle saw the txt and replied "i'm going to f'in kill you"

later that night, maybe early morning, i txted back to michelle some txt which i wish i still had (it died when my phone died) in which i replied something to the nature of "my apologies for the lewd txt earlier. it was intended to be received in a jokingly manner and was not a true representation of my real intentions. i'd be thrilled if i could have the pleasure of meeting your cousin again, potentially over lunch?" (but the original was alot more sophisticated)

i met her again with brad and michelle that afternoon for lunch at amici's. sitting in the park i was afriad of scaring her off for being too aggressive. brad and michelle basically just push her off on me, saying "ok you bring her back to the apartment and ya'll have a chance to get to know one another"

we did. and by the afternoon i got a hug from her :) then i bought my gas grill later that evening on my way home. and the rest is history. :D

just shy of a month later, after seeing her 4-5 times, i started dating her exclusively. then just over a month later, after repressing my words in fear of lowering their validation, their power and authenticity, she said that she loved me, to which i whole heartily felt complete reciprocity to. :D then 2.5 weeks ago i finally put a ring on that finger that i've been wrapped around. only 7 more LONG months to go before we can tie the knot. :)

2 comments:

Brittany Kimble said...

Awe so sweet. I love you! Can't wait to be Mrs. Kimble!!!

Melanie said...

AWWW!!!!!! Yall are so sweet :)