Sunday, August 08, 2010

pc update.

well. last week my motherboard in my good new pc died. like, shot flames out died. as did the power supply (it didn't shoot flames).

so they're now replaced. i replaced a SLI motherboard with 4 slots for ram and optical audio - with an integrated board, one pci-e slot, and i might be able to find an add-on card for optical audio... and a new good 500w power supply.

i also had to reload. so now i'm installing, well, everything.

meanwhile, my trusty Athlon XP 2600 with 1gb ram is still chugging along (except for the BSOD today - but it had been running 24x7 with no restarts for like 3 months...)

anyways. i need a lan party. i wonder about using log me in hamachi. that way nobody has to travel an hour just to play. it might also be easier to schedule more often lan parties, if it was an easy "i just need 6 hours to myself the last friday of every month..." dunno, just thinking out loud...

well, Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom just finished, going to try them out and see what all the fuss is about :P

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sounds good to me!